Tuesday 28 August 2012

"Sunset" by Mistra Hoolahan

I decided to try something a little different for me... keeping it simple and leaving some white space!  For me this was not as easy as it looks... but I wanted to really show off these gorgeous Green Tara flowers and felt this was the way to do it!


I sprayed the background with some Smooch Spritz, the Candleglow and Mixed Berries were the perfect match for Green Tara's Lavender Velvet Rose & Ivory Gardenias.

I sprayed the Green Tara lace {this is one of my FAVE laces} with Candleglow Smooch Spritz so it stood out from the white background. Green Tara lace always holds colour mists so well.


 I love the size of the Velvet Rose, they are simply stunning.


The chipboard was simply sprayed with Black Velvet Smooch Spritz and once dried with Mixed Berries Smooch Spritz... the glimmer pools on the black background leaving a mottled effect.


 I love the 'messy' look of the Gardenia's... it gives them that natural look and offsets the perfection of the Roses.


I've popped in some of the new Purple Velvet Leaves, adding leaves to your flower clusters helps them blend well together.


Lastly I added a whole pile of stitching to the border.  It took ages and halfway through I was saying 
"what was I thinking"... but it looks so effective I know that I'll use this stitch again!!

I hope you find some inspiration from my layout today... it's simple and spacious, 
but I still got all my favourite elements happening!!


Green Tara Products used:
Mis xo

8 comments:

  1. The touches of black flowers really set off the purple - white space + Mistra in the same sentence LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous as always Mistra & hey I know what you mean about the whole white space thing!! I struggle with it too & am always so proud of myself when I pull it off. Love everything about this layout & the colours are devine. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic LO and love all things purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have matched the flowers to the photo perfectly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this layout Mistra - kudos for the stitching and white space

    ReplyDelete